Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 days is too big a space.

Aight Sibbs, lets get to it then.

If Mim and Did are the party poopers(which is why we invited them) then it must needs be that we pick up the slack and run with it.

As stated in the title of my WebLog this week, I think that 6 days inbetween newly posted WebLogs is too long a time. So I am breaking the ice.

I don't have much to Log this time around, but I will say this:

1) I still have a passionate loathesome feeling toward zoobies. It gets me angry just to talk aboot them. I'd better leave it at that.

2) It has come to my attention that Claudio Reyna, formerly of the US Mens National Team, was cut by his club in Manchester (not United), England and has signed a contract with the New York Red Bulls. I say la-dee-freakin-da. Reyna isn't that great a player. The only reason he went to Red Bulls and didn't retire, is that Bruce Arena, also formerly of the US Mens National Team, is the coach. You know what they say...Old coaches like their old players. OK, you caught me, only I say that...and that was the first time I've said it, but you get the idea.

3) While I'm still thinking about soccer (you're right, when do I not think about soccer?) I'd also like to comment on David Beckham coming to the US. Here I go. Becks is possibly the most overrated player and best used marketing tool the MLS has and will ever see. MLS has made a change to the payroll regulations of each team so that each team can accomodate the salary of a bigtime EuroStar. Becks is the first of these, and New York wasted their Star-Spot on Reyna. The Chicago Fire almost lured Zinedine Zidane (who? you know, the headbutt guy). But the keyword there is almost. Like Becks, Zidane would definately put butts in seats and pump money into the Fire's finance department (which would then go straight to Zidane). However, Unlike Becks, Zidane was smart, stayed in retirement, and is still worshipped as one of the best of all time. Becks will diminish his legacy 1) in Europe because he actually came to the US instead of an English club and 2) in the US because fans will realize the golden foot of King Beckham is only there for freekicks (kicks after a foul) and crosses. He's not that fit, he may do well his first season but then teams will start to figure out that all he can do is cross and "bend it" like only he can. Becks=Bust.
I will only be convinced that the MLS is comparable to any Euro league only if Real Salt Lake wins the Cup this year, and Freddy Adu stays. Until then, I will have my sights set across the Atlantic (no Scott, not to China, the other way) and the best and smartest US players will too.

That all I have to say aboot that. Contact me or my assistant(to the) regional manager, Dwight Schrute, for further commentary.

No comments: