Tuesday, January 30, 2007

California Anyone

Hey there Kidos Its been way too long since I've posted so I apologize for that. I thought the California run down would be the perfect chance for me to post. I am going to try to add some pictures too but I forgot my camera so that will have to wait. So here we go...
Thursday we left the Alumni house at about 3:30ish and guess who I got to ride with... Cassie and RUSS. Hooray for 3 people in the small car. Yep, I got stuck in the small car and you all know how I am while driving... Just give me a big red bowl, play the beach boys and I'll take care of my business. Anyway, we arrived in Vegas about 9:30 and headed out to explore the strip. It was nice cause it wasn't very crowded. Not as much people watching but it was nice still. We walked around for a while then headed back to the hotel about 12:45.
Friday morning we left the hotel about 11:00, yes in the same car arrangments, and we headed to this guys business. Jed and Richard were their names and they are both U of U grads so they talked to us for a while. By about 1:30 we were on the road again, making out way to San Diego. We stopped in Barstow... Classic I think. We didn't do any shopping but we did stop at the In-and-Out burger... this was a first for me and let me just say, it was amazing.
We arrived in San Diego at about 6:30, checked into our hotel, and headed out to go grab some dinner. We went to this cute little italian place called Giovanni's. One of the guys knew the owner of the resturant so they totally spoiled us. They kept bringing out pizza after pizza, of all kinds too. We ended up having probably 5 salads, 10 pizzas, and about 8 pitchers of soda between all of us. I've never been treated so well at a resturant before. Oh and they had ESPN on too so I was loving life. After dinner, we took a nice stroll through Old Town. It would have been more fun if anything was open but it was still fun.
Saturday morning Cassie, Sarah Tingey, Liz Bitner, Me, Russ, and Doug Peterson all woke up super early to go do baptisms in the San Diego temple. That was probably one of the best times of the trip. We met back at the hotel and got ready to head to the beach. We had about an hour long training there, wandered around for a bit, then headed out to the basketball game. I honestly don't know what to say about that game... thats going to be a whole different blog. We went to the cheesecake factory after the game and while we were waiting, cassie and I explored the amazing mall.
Once we finally sat down at the cheesecake factory, John Fackler (one of the greatest guys I know by the way, oh and he absolutely loves the Ence family.) informed us that dinner was on the Alumni Association so we should get whatever we wanted. The bill was HUGE. we had all sorts of different appetizers, I had the salmon and potatoes for dinner, and a piece of brownie sunday cheesecake for dessert. I had to get the cheesecake to go though cause I was so full from dinner. That night wasn't so fun after we got back to the hotel... after doing some research, given to me by skitt, I got a virus and was super sick which was no fun.
The Sunday drive home wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I drove home in the Van with Kevin Stoker, Sarah Tingey, and Cassie. I just slept the whole time in the back seat. Thats the run down of the trip... and sorry its so long. This is just how slow it has been at work today so I needed something to do.
Oh and just so you all know, I'm determined to learn how to surf. During the training on sat at the beach, I may have tuned out for most of it because I was watching the surfers... oops. Sorry Russ.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I love San Diego too Chade! What a great recap of the trip... it sounds like it was tons of fun, and I am a little jealous that you got to spend time on the beach watching surfers.

Sorry about the Norwalk...